Current Skincare Routine

Hello again! 
Thought I would share my current skincare routine, as of lately I have been trailing out more skincare products. I have typically oily/blemish-prone skin and been on the hunt (My local boots have probably assumed I've set up a weekend camp in there now tbh) for some products that actually do what they say on the tin!


Firstly, I will go through my evening skincare routine, before I go to bed. This might sound a bit long winded but it takes about 10 minutes in total!


CLEAR:
Firstly, I take off my make up with my Boots Cleansing Wipes, I use the refreshing cucumber ones that I have used for years now! They are the 'wettest' kind and I find I only need one for my whole face/eye make up, compared to other branded more expensive types that are of a dryer format & take a lot longer to clear off my face from the day. Plus, they are nearly always on 3 for 2, winner.
I then use some of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water on a cotton pad to just go over my face to clear anymore make up that is clogging my pores! I never realised how much can actually be left on my skin without being seen until using this. It's become a essential step in my routine, especially clearing any make up left around my nose or stubborn leftover mascara. This bottle also lasts AGES as you only need a small amount.

CLEANSE:
I then rinse my face with water & cleanse it with my Yes To! Tomatoes (post on this coming soon) Daily Clarifying Cleanser, working it into a lather on my face and then rinsing it off with warm water. I slightly dry my face then spray some of my Lush Tea Tree Toner Water on a cotton pad and wipe over my face (avoiding the eyes), these steps make my skin feels so refreshed!

SOFTEN:
I then rub a small amount of my La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Moisturizer, (which promises to be Sebo Regulating- perfect for oily skin) into my face, again avoiding my eyes. I let this dry & then use my Yes To! Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream, dabbing it around my orbital bone and lightly massaging into my under eye bags (thanks, life). I was using the La Roche Posay Eye Cream but after it getting in my eye and giving me a lot or irritation/redness/infection for 2 days after had to swap!

ANTI-BLEMISH:
If I'm having a particularly bad week spot wise, I use the Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face Mask (not pictured) after cleansing & before toner, and the Origins Super Spot Remover as the last product before I go to bed, to fight my blemishes ready for the next day! However, if it is just a few spots or a slight problem area, I use the Yes To! Tomatoes Clearing Face Mask (not pictured) after cleansing & before toning, and the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Treatment around my problem area's, making sure it is worked into the skin!


In the morning I usually just do cleanser (I do this step in the shower to save time, all about those extra 3 mins of sleep here), toner & moisturiser. I let this settle into my skin before applying my primer so I have a nice dry, clear base to work on.

This personally works for my skin and I have seen good results in terms of blemish & oil control with some new products mentioned above, keep your eyes peeled for a post on them soon! :)

What are your favourite skincare brands? Any swear by skincare regime tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment