Yet Another Mac Haul.....

It's not every weekend I go into Mac (anymore) but whenever I do I seem to end up leaving with various items that I didn't go in for. Same ol' story of 'just popping into boots for some make up wipes' and walking away £60 poorer. Will I ever learn?! Probably not. Anyway onto what I've actually bought lately....I thought this time I'd round up a few items that I've been wanting to get for a while and my thoughts on them! Swatches below of all products mentioned.




Firstly, I've been wanting to get a darker foundation for AGES for when I have tan on, I was using the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but found it slightly too dewy for my oily skin. Mac's Studio Fix Fluid is a favourite of mine in between various Nars foundations as it always delivers. Long wearing, covers blemishes, imperfections, redness perfectly, and stays flawless all day. I'm usually a NW13 (!!!) but went in and got colour matched for a darker colour. It was super busy as per usual and I think this is too warm toned for me, it looked fine in store but once I'd walked around/got home and looked in the mirror I'd changed my mind. Beautiful foundation but a tad too orange toned for me! I tried mixing it with my NW13 but still wasn't keen! I think I will swap this* for C3.5 or C3 to match better when I have tan on for a quicker application. Next up is the Vanilla pigment that I have searched alllll across the land for, for MONTHS. Finally got my hands on this little beauty & it really does live up to all the recommendations! I love to use this to highlight the bridge of my nose, cupids bow, brow bone & top of my cheekbones for a glow that goes one step further. Perfect for night time occasions & can be used as a eyeshadow too, I like this on the inner corners to brighten up my tired Monday morning eyes!

Swatches L-R; SFF (C4.5) | Brave | Fleshpot | Naked Liner | Vanilla 

Two lipsticks are always better than one...right?! After swatching Brave on my ever constant collection of Mac Nude lipsticks, it had been on my while as one to have on my wishlist. Finally picked it up and so glad I did! I found this had quite a pink/purple tone to it and not as 'nude' as expected but once on I find it really brings your make up out with the vibrance of it. I also picked up Fleshpot after seeing it in a few of Nikkie's videos. It's a lovely light pink nude, so easy to apply & mix with other lip sticks/ lip liners for different combinations. Think Myth but more sugar coated. Blends like a dream too! Last but not least, can't buy all these nude toned lipsticks without a nude liner! I've been after a clean flesh-toned lip liner for ages but could never find one light enough. Naked Liner is as nude as they come, perfect for outlining if you over draw your lips slightly and want to erase any darker lines, or just for clearing up round the edges so your lip colour looks as sharp & bold as can be!

So that's all I've picked up over the last few weeks, no doubt by the time I post this it will have grown significantly again! Let me know any more shade or product recommendations you might have picked up or would take my fancy :) 


*Side note; I have since changed the foundation shade mentioned above to C3.5 and it matches ALOT better, as you can see in the swatches the C4.5 was very warm toned for me, even with a tan on! Still happy I could exchange it with no problems for a lighter colour though, even after being colour matched/ using it when I got home! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you lucky lady! I hardly ever buy MAC anymore, but I love the look of the Fleshpot Lipstick (although is it just me or is that a really gross name? Fleshpot?!)
Rosie xx
www.everythingsrosieblog.com

Unknown said...

Haha it is a bit! It's a lovely nude but I prefer using it to mix with other colours, Myth on it's own is another great nude by them! x

Post a Comment