New Foundation Loving | Vichy Dermablend*

It's been a busy past few weeks with my new job and other bits & pieces to sort out, but I'm finally back to writing posts and editing photos, so forgive the online silence! Not much has changed in terms of make up shopping though, rest assured I've got enough content to keep my chatting for the next few weeks. I've also had havoc with my skin still, which hasn't been fun at all but I will do a post on that separately as it's a skincare issue that some of you may or may not find relevant/helpful! Back today with a new product I was lucky enough to receive from Vichy...



Being extremely pale skinned (thanks life) I always go for a yellow toned pale foundation, usually the lightest in the range. I was sent both lighter shades of Dermablend by Vichy and surprised myself when finding the 05 Porcelain too pale for my skin! I found 15 Opal a lot more fitting, it's a lovely colour with a slight yellow undertone which helps correct my redness as well as giving a even, long wearing coverage. I only needed the smallest amount for a full face coverage that lasted all day, and it conceals any blemishes I may have flawlessly. With oily skin I usually blot powder on my t-zone throughout the day but with this foundation only needed it once at about midday, not bad going for a liquid foundation!


I've been reaching for this a lot lately, it has a beautiful finish and I'm really impressed with how it competes with my Mac SFF, that's usually my holy grail. I would mark Dermablend as halfway between drugstore & high end, in terms of price & brand. Also a brilliant size for travel I've noted, really easy to pop in your bag and not worry about it leaking or breaking like some liquid foundations. I've put swatches of both shades below, I think Porcelain is a new addition that is due out so keep your eyes peeled as it's a excellent shade for anybody who is extremely pale like me. It's usually quite hard to find something this pale but Vichy have it covered! 


No comments:

Post a Comment