Current Base Routine

Seeing as I've actually stuck with a base routine that is the same for longer than 2 weeks I thought it deserved a mention! I find this works best for my skin type and through out the day at work with only one powder touch up (damn you oily skin!). 



First thing in the morning I cleanse my face, then tone and moisturise, you can see my night & day time run down of my skincare routine here. Oh, and do be patient & let your moisturiser sink in for 5 or so minutes before doing your base, makes things oh so much easier to work with! :) The following are what I use everyday without fail on my face, so thing's like powder/mascara/blush/eyeshadow etc aren't included as I like to change them up day to day!

COLOUR CORRECT
 This is such a little drugstore gem, I'm still banging on about it. The Max Factor Colour Corrector stick in Green is great for red/pink patches on the face, correcting & neautrilising them to create a easy base to work with. This also avoids over-using your foundation or concealer to correct those problem areas later on. I dab mine on the reddest bits of my face (usually around the nose and chin) and then blend in with a flat foundation brush. I do this before primer, as doing it the other way round means you just take off all the work you have done above when applying the primer!

PRIME
 I'm using the Bare Minerals Prime Time primer at the moment, it's a velvety soft matte primer that keeps my make up in place without sliding around too much throughout the day. I like to use this all over my T-zone, cheeks & chin using my fingers to work this in to my skin gently & not pulling at the skin.

FOUNDATION
 I'm currently using the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (review here), I won't go into too much detail as my review pretty much nails my feelings about this beaut! Nars do base make up so well and I'm excited to try their Tinted Moisturiser in the summer months. I apply this foundation all over my face with either my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or my Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush (#56) to blend this in, and slightly on my neck as well to avoid any harsh lines.

CONCEALER
Another one I've not been able to put down recently is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Having pale skin it is a horrendous job trying to find any shade pale enough to slightly lift my face with under eye highlighting that doesn't make it look too obvious as well. This one does the job perfectly and sits put like a dream on any pesky blemishes. I dab this down the bridge of my nose, under my eyes & on any spots I might have. I use a Zoeva 110 Face Shape brush to blend/dab this in.

BROWS
 A heavy staple in my routine since I bought it back from NY, is the Anastasia Beverly Hill Dipbrow Pomade . How I lived before using this on my brows I do not know! It is a GOD SEND. I apply this with a Zoeva 317 Wing Liner Brush. (a great dupe for MAC's 263 brush btw).

EYELINER
 Got to be the Collection Fast Stroke Liner! I've used this on and off between other liquid liners for years, and I always end up coming back to this. It's hasn't got a annoying thin brush like some liquid liners, the half-felt tip like end allows you to get the perfect flicks & it lasts for bloody ages. I use this along my top lash line lightly then wing it out towards the tail of my eye brow, thinning it out towards the end.

So these are my main base staple product's I've been using day in, day out at the moment! I haven't included powder which I do use everyday as I'm trying out 2 at the moment, and like to switch it up depending on my skin that day. I love hearing recommendations so if there's anything you know that you think I might like to try that sounds along the lines of the above, leave me a comment below :)

 photo blog signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment