Current Drugstore Beauty Favourites

Yes, another favourites post. I just like buying make up too god damn much.
Despite my NARS addiction, I'm always on the hunt for a decent cheaper alternative, and todays post rounds up a handful of my current favourites. I love a good bargain! The majority are from Boots, but I'm 99% positive you can get them in Superdrug or your local supermarket's beauty section. 


One I have had for quite a while now, perfect for summer or just adding a pop of colour to your daily make up. I like this when I'm being particularly lazy in the morning or when I have 'boring' (aka can't be bothered, half-asleep & rushed) make up and want a quick fix to brighten up my look. It's a beautiful pink-y coral shade that isn't too bright, but not too pastel either. One of those lovely colours that goes with everything and anywhere. A firm favourite for day's when I haven't a clue what to do lipstick wise. Like a nurturing friend that is always there for you no matter what odd decisions you decide to make...in lipstick form.

Marks & Spencer's Autograph 'Pure Colour' Eyeshadow Quad 
(couldn't find a link sorry! Possibly still available in store)
I got this for Christmas from my best friend. She knows me and my rose gold obsession too well! I have to admit I've never been the biggest M&S beauty shopper but she swears by it. Although, I have been browsing their website & stopping by their beauty counters a lot more lately since they have taken more interest in expanding their beauty range with brands like Stila, Ren and Philip Kingsley to name a few. This Quad is a beautiful set of shimmery neutral tones with that stunning plum purple shadow that is so god damn good for contouring round the outer edge of the eye on winter evenings out or any time you fancy a darker look to your make up. Such a good versatile range in this palette!

FINALLY. A concealer light enough for my pale skin that I can finally highlight with! It's been a loooong search but between this and Mac's Select Cover Up concealer I have found one. To be honest I would say this is slightly paler than my Mac alternative (and a lot cheaper too, win win). It has a lovely creamy but thick enough to cover, consistency that is super easy to blend in. I love highlighting down the bridge of my nose & under my eyes (cya eye bags!) with this as it's so compatible with a lot of my foundations and blends in well, but leaves a beautiful highlighting colour just light enough to lift certain areas of the face. Also great for covering up nasty spots as it's not pink based so dulls down on any stubborn redness. A great budget buy that I have repurchased again, and again.


It's been a hard time trying to tear myself away from Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara but at £19.50 a time & somehow always running out the last week of the month meant it was time for me to find something new. Braving new eyelash-coating territory isn't easy when  you've stuck with one for longer than usual but this being on promo just about everywhere was hard to ignore! At a steal of £7.99 it's a AMAZING mascara, lengthens, intensifies & separates in one coat, giving super smokey, long, beautiful eyelashes. I've had people ask me if I'm wearing falsies with two coats of this on, it's THAT good. A handbag staple the last few weeks, I've been choosing this over old faithfuls such as L'Oreal's Telescopic and Benefits They're Real. Also smells like Chocolate/ Cocoa...? Maybe that's just me.

Not ever been one to a) buy Max Factor very often and b) get involved in colour correcting. Well, am I making up for lost time?! I have quite red skin around my problem area's, either around my nose where I get the most oily skin, or my chin where spots decide to crop up. I was browsing for a colour corrector palette ages ago but the Zoeva one I wanted was out of stock so gave up and forgot! These sticks are fantastic, I apply mine first thing in the morning, before primer & lightly buff it in with a flat foundation brush. It makes such a difference in terms of sitting under your foundation doing it's magic. I've noticed now when I do get oily throughout the day and need a mid-day blot check that my redness is still not massively coming through as much as before. Already looking at getting the yellow-tinted one for my stubborn dark under eye circles as well!


I'm totally aware I bang on about this a little too much but they have been items I have reached for time and time again over their high end counterparts, and are easy to replenish as well. Hopefully this will help anybody looking for drugstore alternatives too! :)

What are your favourite drugstore products? 
I love to hear what other people buy in terms of cheaper replacements!

No comments:

Post a Comment