Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

It was only a matter of time before this landed on the blog, wasn't it. The minute I got a email through from Nars about their latest release, I was on their website colour matching and zooming through the check out. I have absolutely LOVED Sheer Glow (review here) by Nars. Sheer Glow set me up with high standards & expectations of Nars foundations, so I wanted to put this one to the test with it's "16 hour wear"& "blends effortlessly with one drop" promises. 


 
(in Mont Blanc)



First things first, can we all just appreciate the fact they have finally included a pump fitted inside the lid?! I know with their Sheer Glow & Sheer Matte Foundations you had to buy the pump separate and then find you couldn't take it anywhere as the lid did not fit on top. So thank god they've seen the light and changed it.

The foundation itself I cannot fault. I have to admit even I had doubts that when shaking it as instructed, it came out shockingly thin. Flashbacks of my horrific L'Oreal True Match experience came to mind but I persevered. Although it looks thin at first, and like it couldn't conceal any amount of dull skin, redness or blemishes, it really does. I bought the shade 'Mont Blanc' again and used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (or Sephora #56 Pro Flawless Airbrush) to lightly buff this into my face. I only need a small amount on the back of my hand, dipping my brush in a tiny amount each time to cover nearly half of my face in one go. Yes, I was in awe. It covers anything and everything flawlessly, a little bit goes the longest way, and the colour is fantastic. It's buildable without looking cakey or too much colour, blends like a DREAM, and stays put without budging for the majority of the day. 

Swatches above are both Nars foundations in the shade 'Mont Blanc'

Needless to say NARS have done it again and delivered with yet another outstanding foundation. The coverage, pigmentation and oil-free water-based consistency have won me over from my doubts of it not being my usual fare in base make up. It is 100% worth the £32 price tag and I can tell it will last me ages seeing as it goes so far. I can already tell this will be a repurchase and I haven't even got halfway down the current bottle yet.

If you've tried this foundation too, let me know what you thought in the comments below, I love to read them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds and looks lovely, and hurrah a pump!

Sophie x

Unknown said...

Thanks Sophie! It really is, and yes, fiinally! :) x

Unknown said...

Just wondering for people with dry skin do you think sheer glow is more suitable or the luminous weightless foundation :)?X

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! I think either would be okay to be honest! Sheer Glow is marketed more towards drier skins than oily, but I still got on okay with it. The All Day Luminous Weightless is slightly thinner in consistency (but still very pigmented) than Sheer Glow though so do keep that in mind with your foundation preferences. I hope this helps :) x

Post a Comment