MAC Mineralize | 'Soft & Gentle'

Another busy week, another multi-use product to cheat on my getting ready time in the mornings! I've had this for a few weeks now and only really thought I'd use it when going out or for more dressed up occasions. I have in fact used it so much, nearly daily! Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Soft & Gentle' (picking all the appropriate product shades at the moment aren't I...) has had quite a good reputation floating around on online so I picked it up on a MAC trip to see what all the fuss was about.




This powder has a beautiful metallic frosty glow to it, perfect as a highlighter for the face. It's super pigmented and is a lovely peachy pink colour, that glows beautifully in the light, but luckily, it's not too pink in colour when applied. I imagined using this kind of stronger pigmented highlighter only on the tops of my cheeks/higher points of my face but because you only need a tiny bit for alllll the glow, I've found myself using it for multi-purpose. It looks stunning not only on the tops of your cheeks but underneath the brow bone, on the cupids bow, down the bridge of your nose (contour game so strong), and also as a eyeshadow. Yep, It can even be used as a quick I-woke-up-too-late-today eye opening eyeshadow to make you look oh so awake. SO ideal for Mondays. I love highlighting with this, and paired with a well blended contour really builds the face structure for a long day-to-night kind of day, or special evening out.


I originally didn't think I'd be using this daily, it's so pigmented and makes anywhere it's applied look amazing (I did hold off on the nose highlighting as first with oily skin etc). However, I've been reaching for it again, and again. Even for days in the office, its so quick and easy to apply to make you look you've made all the effort that morning. This little pan of beauty has saved me on many an occasion! Especially for those days when your brows just do not want to even out...

 Swatches above!

Overall, I'm glad I took the plunge and bought it, it's more pigmented and long wearing than some of the others I'd tried in Space NK before hand. It's a little pricey at £23 for a powder but my god is it worth it?! I find myself saying that more and more often now with MAC products, therefore finding myself in the store more frequently...woops. I'm looking forward to trying more of their Mineralize range, including their eyeshadows. I'm in hopes they will be as pigmented as their Skinfinish powder!

Have you every tried any of the Mineralize range from MAC? 
Let me know what you thought below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment