New Setting Powder Loving

Ohhhh hiiiii again! Yes I am alive...sorry for the lack of posting, have had a lot going on in the last few weeks that seems to have just snowballed and made me so busy! But I have as per usual been a bit (very) spendy and found so many new beauty buys that I want to rant and rave about which will make their way onto here in the next few weeks. Cough Anastasia Beverly Hills, cough....


I've always been a devout fan of using powder to set my make up, not to mention it being a midday lifesaver with oily skin! I used to be a slave to Rimmels Stay Matte Pressed Powder and also tried out the Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder (slightly on the pricy-er side, eeek) but have since discovered a new found favourite in the Collection Sheer Loose Powder. Slap on the wrist for me for never trying out translucent loose powder before....I know. I have such a issue with coverage and always assumed it would be too thin and wouldn't keep my make up set all day. 


I have found lately that my usual pressed powder can be a tad too drying especially on area's that are healing from spots (cheers acne/life), so wanted something that wasn't too heavy on top of my foundation and helped areas drying out too quickly. I picked this up in Boots I'm sure of it, but can only find a online link to Superdrug, but for £2.99 how can you say no?! Love a good bargain. This thin loose powder sets make up perfectly without off setting the colour of your make up at all, thin enough to set and hold it throughout the day. It has also has fixed the nightmare of under eye creasing I was finding with my other pressed powder. I really like being able to use this as a all over setting powder, especially when setting any highlighting/contouring as it adds little to no colour. I'm loving using this and am glad to have found a cheaper alternative to my Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder (I have the pressed version)!

What are your favourite setting powders? Let me know any recommendations :)


No comments:

Post a Comment