The Long Awaited Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Review

Hello all! Hope you've had a lovely week! 
Mine has been so busy I can't remember my feet touching the ground very much, but being busy always makes the time go quicker which is always a positive! :) Can't believe I will be in New York City in a week!!! Beyond excited. I'm going to be like a child at Christmas on the plane and in the airport as I haven't flown in a good 9-ish years. And that's before we even get to NYC. Pray for me in Sephora. In fact,  pray for me and shiny new Travel MasterCard in Sephora.



Anyway, on to the review! This product is one I have been looking at for AGES. (check back here for the full story of this & a cheeky spend up on Nars website) and I've finally got my hands on it, thank god. I was a bit dubious about paying £31 for a foundation without a pump, especially one with 'glow' in the title. Having oily skin I don't really need the extra hand with glow, thank you! But after scoring the Internet and reading every single Google page of reviews on it I was swayed. Contraire to popular belief people actually recommend this for oily skin over it's sister product 'Sheer Matte', I even questioned in Space NK and found the same answers. I was colour matched in Space NK to the shade 'Mont Blanc' Light 2. Nars do a huuuge range of shades (20 I think) which is pretty impressive. I'm always convinced I'm the lightest shade, with some foundations not being light enough, but was surprised with this one I was Light 2, hurray victory!


Now the real test with my face and foundations is the lasting colour & pigmentation of it. Let's not mention my horrific experience with L'Oreal True Match again but I have (not the easiest thing to write about) slightly red skin around my nose and larger pores on my nose. Covering them up is fine and dandy if the foundation is a thick coverage, long-wearing type. But thinner types just end up layering it on my nose and making it look worse. It's probably one of those little niggly things we don't like about ourselves that barely anybody else can see but you, so we kind of not really accept it and buy every product in the universe to cover it up. So when this arrived I waited (it was a very long, painful wait) until the next morning to apply it with my Zoeva Silk Finish brush. I also bought the pump for a extra £3, which annoyingly doesn't fit the lid on if you have the pump on. I don't take my foundation out with me but if you do the pump does have a lock function on it, which is pretty good considering you can't put the lid on it again!

It takes a lot for me to say I love a foundation. But my god, I really do LOVE this one. The shade was perfect, when I put some on my hand I immediately thought 'oh no, too yellow, too thin, here we go' but once applied and buffed in it was beautiful!! It blends in so easily, the colour was so close to my natural colour, one layer was a decent coverage and it covered up my horrible red marks on my nose!  I was amazed! On a good day, I don't even bother with concealer under my eyes as this does the job pretty well, without washing out the rest of my face. Needless to say I was over the moon. The real test though? The midday powder touch up. I did have to powder over this at midday as my t-zone gets oily but it was only on my nose and chin. I do notice, like a few others have said, if you have any dry skin or dry blemishes, this does stick around that area and show up. 

Swatch of Mont Blanc-Light 2.

Overall, I'm glad I read the reviews and bought it, it is a really really good investment as a product. I can see it lasting me a long time even though it is very expensive, I don't need to use much (something I never thought I'd hear myself say) to get the coverage desirable, but it is build able as well, so well worth the price tag! I would definitely recommend this to anybody, but to get colour matched first, as I am absolutely head over heels in love with a foundation. There's a first for everything.

Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow Foundation? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment